On Mon, 24 Jun 2024, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc wrote:
>> 1) MAINTAINERS should list a field containing either the gcc.gnu.org
>> email in full, or their gcc username (bikeshedding semi-welcome);
> I like the proposal. I'd say it should be fine to just put the gcc
> username (without the @gcc.gnu.org part) because the lines are long
> enough already, and repeating the domain on every line is redundant.

Plus it would look like an e-mail address to use which in many cases
(like mine) may not be desirable.

Now, a bigger question: Why would anyone need to know my gcc.gnu.org
username (or e-mail address) in the Bugzilla context?

A counter proposal for the original request would be an optional field to
include in case the e-mail address listed in the MAINTAINERS file does not
serve as the Bugzilla account.

Gerald