On 24/06/2024 23:34, Arsen Arsenović via Gcc wrote:
I was also proposing (and would like to re-air that here) enforcing that
the committer field of each commit is a (valid) @gcc.gnu.org email.
This can be configured repo-locally via:

   $ git config committer.email <yourname>@gcc.gnu.org

Git has supported this since 39ab4d0951ba64edcfae7809740715991b44fa6d
(v2.22.0).

This makes a permanent association of each commit to its authors
Sourceware account.

This should not inhibit pushes, as the committer should be a reflection
of who /applied/ a patch, and anyone applying a patch that can also push
has a Sourceware account.  It also should not inhibit any workflow, as
it should be automatic.