Hello,

the PowerPC SPE port was obsoleted in GCC 8. It was moved from the general
PowerPC directory (gcc/config/rs6000) to a separate directory
(gcc/config/powerpcspe). In GCC 9, it was removed due to a lack of maintenance.

I am not a compiler expert, so I have no idea how much work it is to keep a
back-end up to date. How much work would it be roughly to bring the PowerPC SPE
port from GCC 8 to the current version? Is this in the range of person weeks,
months, years?

Kind regard, Sebastian

--
embedded brains GmbH & Co. KG