----- Am 16. Sep 2024 um 15:02 schrieb David Edelsohn dje....@gmail.com:

> On Sun, Sep 15, 2024 at 7:29 PM Sebastian Huber <
> sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> the PowerPC SPE port was obsoleted in GCC 8. It was moved from the general
>> PowerPC directory (gcc/config/rs6000) to a separate directory
>> (gcc/config/powerpcspe). In GCC 9, it was removed due to a lack of
>> maintenance.
>>
>> I am not a compiler expert, so I have no idea how much work it is to keep
>> a back-end up to date. How much work would it be roughly to bring the
>> PowerPC SPE port from GCC 8 to the current version? Is this in the range of
>> person weeks, months, years?
>>

> Why do you wish to resurrect the port?

Some products using the PowerPC SPE are still in service for at least the next
ten years. We probably have not enough funding to continuously maintain the
port. I am looking for options to bring it back to GCC 15. Maybe this is not
the right mailing list for this work.

--
embedded brains GmbH & Co. KG
Herr Sebastian HUBER