Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Mark Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

Here is a review followed by a proposal.
How does this proposal handle the current problematic situation that
-std=c99 is broken on Linux?

According to the proposal, we will restore the GNU handling for
"extern inline" even when using -std=c99, which will fix the problem
when using glibc.

Sorry, I didn't pick up on that aspect. FWIW, I'm completely happy with the proposal -- or at least as happy as one can be about changing the meaning of existing programs which conformed to our documentation to mean something else...

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery