On 4/20/07, Vladimir N. Makarov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am afraid that merging it earlier stops progress on the df
infrastructurey (e.g. Ken will work only on LTO)

There's nothing holding you, and many others, back from helping out,
other than that the work is on a branch.  By merging, the rest of the
community will hopefully start help trying to exploit the good things
of the df framework.

and that also
further transition of some optimizations to the df infrastructure
will make code even slower and finally again we will have slower
compiler with worse code.

Ah, speculation.  Why do you think this?  Have you even looked at what
is _really_ going on? Like, some optimizations computing things they
already have available if they'd use the df infrastructure?  Maybe you
can be more specific about your concerns, instead of spreading FUD.

Gr.
Steven