Hello all,

gengtype how has a plugin mode (when invoked with -p as the first program argument after gengtype).

It would be much easier for plugins if gtyp-input.list contained only absolute paths. In my case, (AMD64/Debian/Sid), it contains only two relative filepaths: auto-host.h & options.h

If gtyp-input.list contained only absolute path, plugins wanting gengtype could use that very list. Otherwise, they have to hack it to replace relative file paths (relative to the build directory) by absolute ones.

I tried to replace in gcc/Makefile.in near line 3437
s-gtyp-input: Makefile
   @: $(call write_entries_to_file,$(GTFILES),tmp-gi.list)
   $(SHELL) $(srcdir)/../move-if-change tmp-gi.list gtyp-input.list
   $(STAMP) s-gtyp-input
with
s-gtyp-input: Makefile
   @: $(call write_entries_to_file,$(realpath $(GTFILES)),tmp-gi.list)
   $(SHELL) $(srcdir)/../move-if-change tmp-gi.list gtyp-input.list
   $(STAMP) s-gtyp-input
but it does not work. However, I am unfamiliar with GNU make user functions and cannot understand how write_entries_to_file work.

Does anyone have a suggestion, or preferably a tiny patch?

Regards.