Basile STARYNKEVITCH <bas...@starynkevitch.net> writes:

>    @: $(call write_entries_to_file,$(realpath $(GTFILES)),tmp-gi.list)
>    $(SHELL) $(srcdir)/../move-if-change tmp-gi.list gtyp-input.list
>    $(STAMP) s-gtyp-input

In general, one should try to avoid changing a user specified relative
path to an absolute path.  In this case, the user specification comes
from how they invoked configure.  Absolute paths have different
behaviour in automount environments.  It's OK to temporarily change from
a relative to an absolute path, but changing to an absolute path and
writing that to a file should be avoided when possible.

It's not clear to me why plugins need to deal with gtyp-input.list.  I
thought we were trying to make it possible to build plugins with a set
of installed header files.  If plugins need to read gtyp-plugin.list,
they need access to the complete source code.  In that case, can't they
just apply the same transformations that gengtype itself applies?

Ian