Andreas Schwab wrote:
Basile STARYNKEVITCH <bas...@starynkevitch.net> writes:

In plugin mode  (for the few plugins using PLUGIN_REGISTER_GGC_ROOTS),
gengtype needs a file list. So a plugin build (in its own directory) would
want to run (in Makefile syntax)
        $(GCCBUILD)/gcc/gengtype -p $(GCCSOURCE)/gcc
$(GCCBUILD)/gcc/gtype-input.list plugin.c

However, this won't work, because the gtype-input.list contains (even when
GCC was configured with absolute paths) a few relative file paths (notably
auto-host.h).

Perhaps gengtype should be modified to always treat the files in
gtyp-input.list relative to location of that file.
If we did that, we could not run gengtype in plugin mode as easily as [Makefile syntax inside our plugin tree]

        $(GCCBUILD)/gcc/build/gengtype -p $(GCCSOURCE)/gcc
$(GCCBUILD)/gcc/gtype-input.list plugin.c

because then the plugin.c would be expected to be inside the $(GCCBUILD)/gcc or $(GCCBUILD)/gcc/build/ directory, which it is not.

Also, modifying gengtype that way (which is non trivial: I don't know how to *portably* and *easily* determine dynamically the location of an executable: many non-linux systams don't have /proc/self/exe) is much harder than just generating an extra real-gtype-input.list in $(GCCBUILD)/gcc/

Regards