On Sun, 23 May 2010, Richard Guenther wrote:
>> I am wondering, should I stop the weekly snapshot for the GCC 4.3
>> branch and just create them ad hoc when there is demand?
> It would be nice if the scripts could check whether only DATESTAMP
> changes were done since the last snapshot ...

How can this best done?  This is related to the other thread with
Joseph, and I'd be happy to give it a try, just looking for ideas.

>> Are you (release managers) planning to do a 4.3.6 release still?
> I'm not sure, we'll have to discuss this (it obviously depends on the
> amount of patches going to the branch and the amount of testing
> it still receives).

Given that we are not to far away from GCC 4.6.0, I suggest we
consider stopping GCC 4.3 snapshots (but keep SVN open as long
as people care about it and I'll be happy to run a manual snapshot
upon request).

Any objections?

Gerald