On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 08:11:25PM +0000, Alec Teal wrote:
> On 24/01/13 19:55, Diego Novillo wrote:
> I don't know enough yet but GCC seems to be partitioned, this back
> and front end,

There is also a middle-end in GCC (and IMNSHO the middle-end of GCC is its
biggest part; it is the thing which does not depend much on the source language
and on the target processor & system).

FWIW, there is some partial documentation about GCC (notably some slides I have
made) on http://gcc-melt.org/docum.html
(of course the main emphasis is on MELT, but there are some explanations about
GCC internals)

Cheers