Uday Khedker <u...@cse.iitb.ac.in> writes:

> I think we need to come out of the "documentation" mindset. No amount
> of conventional documentation is going to help. What we need is a
> training material that included well defined assignments.

FWIW, I initially learned GCC by an internal training program Jeff Law
devised over a decade ago (*).  So perhaps there is some truth to the above
statement.

Of course, it didn't hurt that I had a cadre of good and patient
maintainers willing to answer questions.

[Before anybody asks, the training program is probably no longer
relevant.  So no fair bugging Jeff about it :)].

But anyways, that's just me.  Different folk learn differently.

Aldy

(*) I think Alex Oliva was also a student of the Law training program :).