On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Mikhail Maltsev wrote:

> Actually, I did not propose to alter the repository history. I just
> meant to say that if .c -> .cc renaming is still planned, it could be
> done right after conversion, as a normal commit, or, perhaps series of
> commits on trunk and active development (feature) branches.

If such a change were desired, "right after conversion" seems like a bad
time for it - we should allow time for people to become familiar with
working with the new repository, and to iron out any issues with hooks
etc. that weren't found before the conversion went live, before doing any
such major rearrangements of files.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com