On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:

> > > It seems that permission bits are not reproduced entirely correctly. For
> > > example, contrib/check_GNU_style_lib.py went from -rwxr-xr-x in svn (and
> > > the
> > > git-svn repository) to -rw-r--r-- in this new git repository.
> >
> > Thanks, I've reduced this to a minimal test for Eric, so hopefully it
> > should be resolved soon.
>
> I believe I have a fix for this; I'm now running a full GCC conversion
> with that fix (and with some fixes related to merge commits).

The full validation of all branch tips and tags is still running, but I've
confirmed that this conversion now has execute permissions on master
exactly the same as in SVN trunk, that the spurious merges I previously
saw have disappeared and that .cvsignore now appears in the history as
requested.  I'll upload new repository conversions later today.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com