On 12/18/19 10:55 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-3a.git

I cloned this one and started trying random things again.
The previous one had some strange-looking merge commits, but it sounded like that was a known issue, and indeed the ones I had seen were fixed in this new version. I decided to write a small script to check whether there were any merge commits with more than two parents, and there are a few which have three. One commit seems to occur as a parent in all of these: 422854db0e8605867e0834035aa2b1da1b71cbfb. An example is b743e467e43e6211f2c2537f1f07bbceb4d3aa61, apparently from spu-4_5-branch.

No idea whether there is an issue or whether this is worth looking at, but I figured I'd point it out at least.

Bernd