On Wed, 24 Jul 2024 at 22:34, Javier Jimenez Shaw via gdal-dev
<gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
> Maybe the solution is that proj.org default be "stable" and not "9.4".

The reason why PROJ's RTD is configured this way is that "stable" is
set at one commit (currently 875a485f) for the most recent release, as
described by
https://docs.readthedocs.io/en/stable/versions.html

PROJ instead configures the default version as "9.4" for the 9.4
maintenance branch, which allows backports for documentation
updates/improvements for the most recent release, which precede the
release marked as "stable".

>From what I see, robots.txt is automatically configured for the default
>version:
https://docs.readthedocs.io/en/stable/reference/robots.html