--- Stephen Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Karthik Parashar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have one interesting observation when it comes
> > iverilog's vvp assembly instructions. Which is as
> > follows:
> >
> > "Between the thread activities, there is no
> dependecy
> > on the threads 2^16 bit-wise registers."
>
> I think what you are saying is that the thread
> bit-wise
> registers are not accessible to other threads. That
> is
> a true statement. Threads only interact through
> variables
> and events.
>
> For example, it would be completely reasonable to
> swap out
> all the thread bits/registers when switching to
> another
> thread.

I'm sorry for the confusion!

What i want to know is, when a "%delay" is encountered
in the vvp assembly, the thread's bit-wise registers
dont seem to be having any dependency.

Which means, in case, i try to save the thread context
when a delay occurs, i dont have to keep a backup of
these thread wise registers. Is this true?

Regards,

~Karthik.