On 9/28/06, Jeff VR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When I use the newlib type footprint, TSSOP-65P-640L1-20N, Luciani made
to my 74HC245 schematic symbol I have problems generating a netlist and pcb.

I've been working with this problem for a couple of days trying to find
out why this element is being treated as an M4 footprint.  Based on the
error message this is what I believe is happening.  When I run gsch2pcb
it generates the following error: "stdin:58: /usr/bin/m4: Bad expression
in eval: /2".  If I let it keep running it will eventually print to the
console "/bin/sh: line 1: 21526 Killed    /usr/bin/m4 -d -I.
-I/usr/share/pcb/m4 -I /etc/pcb -I$HOME/.pcb -I.
/usr/share/pcb/m4/common.m4 - >> caspian.pcb" before finishing the rest
of the schematic.

I'm looking for some help in debugging this problem.  Is there an
intermediate step I can run to try and figure out if the problem is with
the footprint or my schematic?  What triggers the m4 library to kick in?

Are you sure that the footprint attribute is not misspelled in your schematic?
You could try creating a schematic with a single HC245 with the footprint
attribute set to TSSOP-65P-640L1-20N and run the command ---

gsch2pcb --elements-dir ~/projects/gaf/pcb-elements/luciani TEST_SCH_NAME.sch

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org