Peter Clifton wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 17:37 -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:

Dan McMahill wrote:

Jeff VR wrote:

If you find your gnet-gsch2pcb.scm (part of the gnetlist install) file, whats the version? Or actually, whats the geda version you're using? I'll see about sending you a hacked up version of this file that will save out an intermediate file that we can use to get to the bottom of this.

I just reproduced the fault with the test.scm attached earlier by Jeff
VR, and have the following in pkgfile:

"""
PKG_TSSOP-65P-640L1-20N(`TSSOP-65P-640L1-20N',`U101',`unknown')
"""

(""" are just quotations, not in the file).

Running this through m4 manually (pcb-bin: 20050609 - appears a later
package isn't easily installable on Ubuntu), I see m4 keeps adding pin
after pin after pin until I give up watching.

Poking about, it appears that any macro PKG_TSSOP-?????? results in the
same result, incidentally, the same as running PKG_TSSOP() on its own.
Is "-" infact an illegal character in a Macro name - and hence illegal
in a footprint name?

oh, duh. Indeed, it is illegal to pass the above string through m4. A minus is not allowed in a macro name.

Very short term, just rename the file. Medium term, gsch2pcb should be modified to not do that or maybe spit out an error message about it.

I guess I need to read through the gsch2pcb sources a bit to really understand exactly how it works and try to make it more robust.

-Dan