Wow! Thanks for all of the work here! It's cool to see all of the
excitement around POWER support!

Just to be clear, because I think it was a little ambiguous in other
conversations, I'm very supportive of improving the POWER support in gem5
given that there are a significant number of people who want to use it. Not
long ago, there seemed to be little interest in POWER from the community,
which was influencing my push to limit the effort towards that ISA.

A couple of notes:
1. Per Bobby's recent email, we are *planning* (though plans can always
change) to mark a new gem5 release at the end of the month. In **one
week**, we are planning to create the staging branch which is the time that
no new features can be integrated for the release. If there's strong
support in the community, we can hold off for the improved POWER support,
but with all of the changes that need to be reviewed, it seems unlikely to
happen in 1 week. I suggest improved POWER support to be a main feature of
the next release (gem5-21.1 probably sometime in May or June).
2. Since we have a release coming up in 3 weeks, it is unlikely that I or
my team will have much time to look at these changes. With our limited
resources, we need to focus on finishing the features that we have started
and the general stability of gem5.

As I said, I'm very excited to see these improvements to gem5! And, I'm
looking forward to seeing the community grow!

Cheers,
Jason