Hi Sandipan. You are correct, except that I would say you don't need to
force push, just regular push. If I were at the head of a branch I wanted
to (re)upload to gerrit, I would run:

git push origin HEAD:refs/for/develop

Gerrit will look at the Change-Id field in the commit message and use that
to identify reviews. If one already exists, it will create a new patchset
version (you can look at and compare them in the review UI if you like),
and if it doesn't it will make a new review. In the output of the git
command it will tell you which ones are new and which ones are updated if
you're curious.

While it can be mildly disorienting clicking around a series where the
ordering of reviews has changed (gerrit tries to go off of the patchset
version you're currently looking at), it has no problem keeping track of
everything.

Gabe