> +    reschedule(tickEvent, curTick + tickEvent.when());

This seems pretty suspect to me.  Generally, when we unserialize
events, we first serialize the event time and then schedule it later.
In fact, the way that the existing event reschedule is happening is
likely not correct since it will cause a hiccup in the interval.
Check out how ns_gige.cc serializes transmitTick and replicate it for
both event and tickEvent this will ensure that the events are
serialized and unserialized properly.

Let me know how things work out (and please commit a patch if it does).

  Nate