> I see you did this:
>
>    Tick transmitTick = txEvent.scheduled() ? txEvent.when() - curTick : 0;
>    SERIALIZE_SCALAR(transmitTick);
>
> Any reason not to serialize txEvent.when() directly?  That's what we
> were planning to do.

It's probably fine.  Ali's i8254x ethernet model does just that.

I think that, in the past, we didn't serialize curTick.  We also used
to have hopes of unserializing things in much more flexible ways than
we actually do.  e.g. unserialize two different systems from two
different checkpoints into one combined system.  In those cases,
curTick may not be the same when you unserialize.

We should probably figure out a way to use the serialize and
unserialize methods for statically constructed events.  Probably
beyond the scope of this fix though.  If you decide to try to do this,
let me know.  I've got ideas.  Some day, we'll serialize stuff using
pickle!  (though there are simpler improvements we can make before
that point.)

  Nate