Hi Serhart,
Thank you very much!!!

After adding the MemTraceProbe to my BaseCPU.py, the trace file is being
generated. Where I possibly went wrong was to follow a discussion in gem5
mailing lists that was dated 3 years ago. Thank you for helping me.

But still, in the version that I have, both master and hpca, the line that
I added is not present. I had to manually add the line. I'm now worried if
there are any other such disparities in the version that I have. Can you
suggest what should I do, so that next time I would be looking at actual
problem rather than the disparities that might be present in my version.

Thank you
Varun