Hi Trinayan,

I have almost exclusively installed ROCm on machines without attached GPUs
of any kind (for running in gem5), so yes it is not necessary to have an
AMD GPU installed.  As Tony recommended, you should definitely update the
paths in apu_se.py.  For example, if you install ROCm in /opt/rocm/, then
you need to update the LD_LIBRARY_PATH lines starting here (
https://gem5.googlesource.com/amd/gem5/+/agutierr/master-gcn3-staging/configs/example/apu_se.py#458)
accordingly (including where you have unwind and gcc installed).  From the
snippet you showed me, it appears that your problems are related to this.

After fixing this, you will potentially run into the problems Tsung faced,
but for now this is definitely the first thing you need to fix.

Potentially related: I have never tried installing the ROCm stuff via
apt-get like Joe recommended so I don't know if that will work or not.  It
may end up that you'll need to manually installed them by checking out the
repos on Github (e.g., https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/hcc) and
specifically checkout out the roc-1.6.x branches like the instructions
specify.  But for now please update the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables like Tony
specified and we'll see what happens.

Thanks,
Matt