On 8/26/2012 5:27 PM, Laura Hale wrote:

I would personally be less bothered if it was women criticising women critically and harshly, but when it looks like man after man criticising women and no other female voices in the conversation, that bothers me because of the historical overtones regarding male voices in women's conversations.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

I don't know how it is now a days, but when I was growing up in the 1960s when a man said a woman was not "nice" (per Thomas Morton's original message that started the brouhaha) it meant she was a bitch/whore who deserved everything she got. What does it mean now, may I ask??

Anyway, it obviously annoyed me enough to explain what I thought was "not nice." There are radical feminists out there still with harsh analysis of male behavior. Get used to it. But know one -male or female - should assume that any female who expresses a simple word - "questionable" - that you ASSUME is some extremely harsh indictment of you and your behavior needs to be chastised for daring to discomfort you.

After all someone might hate Croatians; or someone might be Mr. Atkins staffer; or someone might be a right to lifer who doesn't want anyone pointing out that rape may lead to pregnancy. All of those would be QUESTIONABLE reasons. Why attack a woman with the "not nice" accusation without even asking why???

Fair question, eh??

CM