I retract my suggestion. It seemed to me like the conversation in the
thread wasn't making progress on the issue, and that it would be more
productive to move the discussion to Meta or Commons; sounds like I was
wrong.  Also, I subscribe in digest mode to this as to most lists, so
muting individual subject lines/topics doesn't work.  I'll just skim more.

I certainly never meant to say that gendergap shouldn't be a place for
discussion and collaboration over the difficult issues in our community.
 I just meant that I'd like MORE of the positive in addition -- both
announcements and discussion!  When we have outliers in the direction we
want to go -- "positive deviants" as Atul Gawande calls them -- I find
it valuable to take time to consider what causes their positive
deviancy, so I can help replicate it elsewhere.

Sorry.
--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager