On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps one meaningful conclusion is that the fact that in this vote
> there was a lack of process to ensure that systemic bias was avoided
> or measured. It would be better if votes such as Arbcom's or trustee
> elections took active steps to ensure diversity in the voting
> community, and the candidates standing (I believe this is already an
> active process for inviting WMF trustee candidates or appointed
> posts).

How would you suggest we ensure diversity in the Arbitration Committee
candidates and voting community? It's one thing to *encourage* diversity
among the Committee and voters, and another to *ensure* it. For one it
would require women (and members of other groups that are in the minority
on the Committee and on Wikipedia more widely) to be willing to run, which
I think is asking a lot with the current state of affairs with respect to
the Committee.

– Molly (GorillaWarfare)