On 9 December 2014 at 11:08, Tim Davenport <shoehu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This represents a drop of at least 36% of participants compared to the 2013
> election, probably more like 40% after a certain number of ballots are
> disqualified for failing to meet the editing minimums for vesting of votes
> established for the election.
>
> That's the big story of the election so far.

While I very much agree that it's the "big story" of the election, I'll
point out that this election is the first one to use the (very
significantly) redeveloped SecurePoll.  One of the new features is that the
software automatically calculates voter eligibility based on criteria
entered at the time of setting up the poll, so there shouldn't be any
voters disqualified for failing to meet minimal edit counts.

I said *shouldn't*, but it does actually depend on the information entered
when setting up the poll.  That should be available on the logs at
votewiki, I think, but I haven't actually looked.

Risker/Anne