CM Banker wrote:

> documentation.   Our biggest challenge is a  huge critical mass of
> domain & system knowledge is required just to start doing any
> practical development.

That was one of our  problems as well.

> Of course, making developers churn out useful, appropriately detailed
> documents is like pulling teeth from a mule, and this, of course, is
> easier than making them use a formal system. :-)

The way I figured it, people were filling up notebooks and such with
information. I just wanted them to put it online and share it.  Some
people are better documenters than others.  I tried to make it both
simple and flexible.  some people will just cut and paste text with no
formatting at all and that's fine.  Most, however, actually use the mini
wiki markup language to build reasonably well organized documentation.
You really just need one or two people to lead the way by example.  the
informal nature of it helps a LOT with a group like this.
> Scott,  Do you mind if I contact you off list for a couple of other questions?

sure