meh.
before i finished reading the link i was thinking they're changing it
cause yahoo is gonna give them money.
but, to me it doesn't really matter. i don't see any person using
ubuntu caring either. cause anyone using ubuntu
is going to know how to change the default to what they want any way.
every time I reload windows I have to change
the default search to google. i mean, open source projects need money too.

ot, what is the deal with ubuntu lately. why is everyone jumping on
the ubuntu bandwagon?
it seems a little too dumbed down to me. too minimalistic.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Karthik Poobalasubramanian
<kart...@poobal.net> wrote:
> Competition should keep everyone grounded but I think as long as Jobs heads
> Apple, everyone there will be working to please him. I am happy to see that
> Microsft, Google and Apple are fighting for the Mobile Phone/App market Also,
> Microsoft and google are having a turf war for web search.
>
> Over the past couple of years Apple has become more of a consumer electronics
> company than a computer manufacturer.
>
> So, what do you guys think about Ubuntu's recent decision to change the
> default web search on their distribution from Google to Yahoo! ?
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-January/030065.html
>

> --
> Karthik Poobalasubramanian
> kart...@poobal.net
> kart...@la.gov
> (225) 341-5855
> skype: poobal
>

> On Feb 17, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Dustin Puryear wrote:
>
>> See, we were just talking about Apple and some management styles. Look here:
>>
>> http://www.cracked.com/article_18377_5-reasons-you-should-be-scared-apple.html
>>
>> I do wonder if Apple will turn truly evil one day.
>>
>> If so, great! We can put them in the thunder dome with Adobe and let them
>> slug it out.
>>
>> ---
>> Puryear IT, LLC - Baton Rouge, LA - http://www.puryear-it.com/
>> Active Directory Integration : Web & Enterprise Single Sign-On
>> Identity and Access Management : Linux/UNIX technologies
>>
>> Download our free ebook "Best Practices for Linux and UNIX Servers"
>> http://www.puryear-it.com/pubs/linux-unix-best-practices/

Have Mercy & Say Yeah