Hi Dave,

I do not know mlsound, so I can't really say.  But given your question, the
main difference is probably that mlproj is not for the Node.js
environment.  It only requires it as an
"implementation detail", but it really is for MarkLogic, for any MarkLogic
project, regardless of the technology it uses (JavaScript, XQuery,
triples...)  It only addresses the server-side of projects, nothing about
any other layer, like Node.js.

I am not sure about your second question.  But if the question is "are the
environment described using the same payload one can send to the Mgmt API
to create databases and servers?", then the answer is no.  I think it is an
important feature of mlproj, that environments are described in a specific
format, aimed at being clearer and more maintainable than the API
payloads.  Look at http://mlproj.org/environments (and the examples
mentioned in the first paragraph.)

Thank you for your interest :-)  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
H2O Consulting