On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's a pity that
> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-cactus/jakarta-cactus-sample-
> servlet-13.html has a pre-req failure as we would have been able to
> see if it passed the tests fine (it's using Tomcat 4.x and not
> Tomcat 3.3.x).

Fails on my machine as well.

I wonder why jstl-jsp-12 builds for me but not on LSD, wait, it also
fails on "traditional" Gump but the jar is created before the build
fails and thus the depending projects can use it.  Does Gumpy discard
the generated jars of a failed build?

> The biggest problem is that Gump doesn't run the build in the same
> than projects are running their builds! It's using sysclasspathonly
> feature and that's not the way it's run by project.

If this really turns out to be the problem, than it indicates that one
of the components you depend on has broken its contracts.

> Maybe an alternative would be for Gump to try to run the project
> using sysclasspatonly first and then if it fails, it will run
> "normally". The reports would show both outcomes. That would provide
> useful feedback.

Sure.  This is part of the idea set on how to determine who is
responsible for a failing build.

But "ParsingException: Not a valid response [401 Unauthorized]" looks
strange, I'll try to debug this a little further.