Ok. First update: I've successfully run the servlet sample build on a
unix machine (cvs.apache.apache) using Tomcat 3.3.2.

Thus I now suspect the gump command line (i.e. the way it points to a
possibly unfinished Tomcat install).

Stefan, do you think you could make available the content of the
jakarta-tomcat/ build directory somewhere (i.e. the
/data3/gump/jakarta-tomcat/build/tomcat/ dir)?

I'd like to try to run the samples by pointing to this Tomcat install
and see what happens.

Thanks
-Vincent

cactified/ServletRedirectorSecure?Cactus_TestMethod=testBasicAuthenticat
> io

n&Cactus_TestClass=org.apache.cactus.sample.servlet.unit.TestBasicAuthen