Vincent,

I've rerun the build with tcpdump running to get an idea of what is
actually happening:

-> GET /cactus-sample-servlet-cactified/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST
<- 200 OK
-> GET /cactus-sample-servlet-cactified/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST
<- 200 OK
-> GET
/cactus-sample-servlet-cactified/ServletRedirectorSecure?Cactus_TestMethod=testBasicAuthentication&Cactus_TestClass=org.apache.cactus.sample.servlet.unit.TestBasicAuthentication&Cactus_AutomaticSession=true&Cactus_Service=CALL_TEST
<- 401 Unauthorized\r\nWWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="myrealm"
-> GET
/cactus-sample-servlet-cactified/ServletRedirectorSecure?Cactus_Service=GET_RESULTS
<- 401 Unauthorized\r\nWWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="myrealm"
-> GET /cactus-sample-servlet-cactified/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST
<- 200 OK
-> GET /cactus-sample-servlet-cactified/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST
<- 200 OK

To me it looks as if cactus never successfully authenticates and fails
when it tries to collect the test results.

So I've manually started Tomcat to see whether I could log in.  I get
the login dialog box, use testuser/testpassword, accept a session-id
cookie and then I'm in.  If I then invoke GET_RESULTS I get

<webresult/>

So manually things seem to work fine, but I don't see cactus even
trying to authenticate.

Let me know if I can do more tests.