On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok. First update: I've successfully run the servlet sample build on
> a unix machine (cvs.apache.apache) using Tomcat 3.3.2.

I've just re-checked my dump.  There is no Authorization header in the
requests at all.  I currently suspect that Basic-Auth support in
httpclient has been broken (or the interface changed).

Can you try running your servlet sample in a setup that works and just
replace httpclient with a CVS HEAD version (you'll likely also need
commons-codec).  Jars for both are available from
<http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/jakarta-commons/>.

> Stefan, do you think you could make available the content of the
> jakarta-tomcat/ build directory somewhere (i.e. the
> /data3/gump/jakarta-tomcat/build/tomcat/ dir)?

See my home dir on minotaur.  The contents of last night's build on
LSD.

Cheers