Vincent Massol wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 March 2004 10:31
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cactus] commons-codec added to dependency jars?

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cactus does not use directly commons-code. It may be used by a
cactus dependency like Tomcat, Commons HttpClient or
others.

I think it is httpclient.

Wouldn't it be better to add this dependency to the project directly
using it and then use an "inherit=runtime" or something similar for
Cactus?

+1

Again the problem is the same. I don't have access to a gump machine and
I don't want to make a CVS change if I can verify it still works...

I think if you want to make Gump more popular (in the line of thought of
the [RT] thread), this is one area to improve. A self-service Gump or
something similar so that people can help modify descriptors and verify
they still work. Otherwise the Gump committers will end up doing all the
work...

Vincent, I'm actually very curious and insterested in your comment: what are you afraid of breaking?

--
Stefano.