The least it could do is email you back the diff to patch your own copy of cvs with, or to spam this list with :)

Scott

On Mar 12, 2004, at 9:30 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

man, it took me two months to have a single clean gump run for cocoon, then I let go and it fell apart, so I do feel your pain.

I agree that a sandbox to play would be nice, like having a workflow like:

 1) you log in
 2) click "edit the project descriptor"
 3) a textarea contains the descriptor
 4) you change the descriptor
 5) save it
 6) run the descriptor
 7) get the output
 9) commit to cvs

Two problems in this scenario:

1) infrastructure is not going to allow gump to commit to CVS directly
2) since there is no LDAP or equivalent, it's tricky to have a committer-wide access control in synch [even if infrastructure would like to have a single sign-on system in place]