Thanks Stefano. I have been one of the first adopter of Gump (I have
even used it on a big project at work! :-)). I do not wish to depart.
However, in the past I had enough energy to keep fixing things even it
wasn't easy (like I had to install Gump on my machine, etc).
Unfortunately I have shifted my interest to some other areas and I don't
have much time to invest in learning Gump itself.

I do understand that the Gump community is working towards addressing
these issues so I'll be patient! :-)

Leo has kindly offered to create an account for me on his machine. I
think I'll take the offer so that I can try debugging the Cactus gump
build.

Thanks
-Vincent

It's
> > just a pain to debug gump and find where the problem is. Making
these
> > directories visible will help a lot.
> >
> > <rant>
> > I've been trying to debug a cactus gump build problem for a week now
> > with no success. Every time I have to rely on the good will on one
of
> > the gumpmeister to send me some files... I don't think this is how
it
> > should work. Also, my time is not indefinitely flexible. During the
week
> > and week end, I have some free time but it's not linear across the
days.
> > That is, if I get a slot of a few hours on Saturday, I'd like to use
it.
> > But I can't as I'm relying on others! As an example, I've asked for
> > files for the past 4 days and I still haven't received them...
> >
> > If it's happening I guess it's happening for other projects too.
> >
> > Honestly I'm failing to see the point of Gump now. I used to like it
but
> > it's too energy-consuming to fix something. I used to like it when
it
> > was publishing the Cactus web site automatically (Stefano seems to
be
> > saying it's impossible because of security issues but it *WAS* doing
it
> > in the past - Ask Sam). As a consequence, I've had to set up my own
> > continuous build at home... and thus I don't really need Gump
anymore as
> > my own build satisfies my needs and those of our community (yeah it
> > doesn't build against CVS HEAD of dependencies but it's ok. Whenever
> > there's a new release of a dependency I update it).
> > </rant>
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Vincent, before you depart please understand that gump is
transitioning