On Mon, 05 Jul 2004, Stephen McConnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>   -    <depend project="junit"/>
>>   -    <depend project="ant" ids="ant junit nodeps"/>
>>   +    <depend project="junit" runtime="true"/> <depend
>>   +    project="ant" ids="ant junit nodeps" runtime="true"/>
>
> Stefan:
>
> The above dependencies are being generated automatically by magic's
> gump task.

Your original had three depends elements with id attributes.  Gump
would have ignored the id attribute since it isn't supported at this
level and simply collapsed the three to a dependency on "ant".  I
figured you didn't want to depend on all jars "ant" creates so I
restricted it.

> Can I assume that the junit, ant, ant-ant, ant-junit, and ant-nodeps
> definitions used by magic can be flagged as "ignorable"?
>
>   .. i.e. I can update magic to simply not add dependencies that are
> flagged with <ignore/>.

What would that mean in detail?  You most certainly need ant.jar to
build or run magic.

BTW: Putting magic into the bootclasspath doesn't work unless Ant
itself is there as well.  Otherwise your tasks will be loaded by the
primordial class loader and fail to load Task class of Ant since Ant
itself is in a classloader lower down (higher up?) the chain.