On Sun, 8 May 2005, Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jason or other Gump folks -

You realize that the mail has been auto-generated and Jason is only
the sender because he added the entry and we never bothered to change
it, don't you?

> We'd love to get Lucene's build working fine with Gump.

Glad to hear that ;-)

> From the error message it doesn't appear this is Lucene-related
> though.

Right now we are going through the troubles of Xerces migrating to
JAXP 1.3 and xalan doing so as well, but they are doing it with
different paces.  This makes chosing the "correct" version of XML APIs
a bit difficult.

> Let me know if there is anything I can do to fix it.

Feel free to add any "new" dependencies Gump is missing.

> There are some external dependencies that these components need to
> build properly, and I see that you've got JTidy in there already.
> The build of contrib/db area requires Berkeley DB's JAR

Which I think I've already added as well.

> and has a <get> to download it as part of the build process

As you probably know, Gump will ignore this.

> If you don't need javadocs and don't want to deal with any of the
> external dependencies, run the "jar-core" target instead of
> "package".

This might be an option, thanks.