On May 9, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2005, Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On May 9, 2005, at 3:57 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

Feel free to add any "new" dependencies Gump is missing.

What's the process for me to add new dependencies?

If the project you depend on is already known to Gump:

* check out gump/projects/lucene-java.xml from CVS.

* modify it (by adding a <depend> tag, you will understand how when
  you look into the descriptor).

* commit it - yes, you can, every ASF committer can.

If it a "new" project, i.e. something Gump doesn't build yet, you can
either read about Gump descriptors on our homepage or come to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and ask for help.

Stefan - thanks!

I have, as you probably have seen, just committed a cosmetic change to the lucene-java.xml file while troubleshooting the latest failure caused by the missing JavaCC and saw that you had already taken care of it. JavaCC is not strictly required to build Lucene, as we commit the generated files, but in my refactorings I made it necessary, not necessarily intentionally. I can (and probably will) change it such that <jjdoc> is not run if JavaCC is not present and adjust it so that the check for JavaCC is only done on the targets that truly need it (but are not part of the main build path).

I'm now attentively tuned in to the Lucene Gump failures, and will jump in to help if needed. Hopefully the JavaCC adjustment you made is all that is needed to make Gump happy.

    Erik