From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bode...@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 10:20 PM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Subject: Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml

On 2010-03-13, Bill Barker <billwbar...@verizon.net> wrote:

Yeah, downloaded the src distro for maven 2.2.1, and it is that it is
that the 'central' repo is disabled for SNAPSHOTs (and it is looking
for a SNAPSHOT POM).  So Maven never asks to get it (even though it is
there).

Do I understand this correctly that with Maven 2.2 Gump will not be able
to inject its own jars if the POM specifies a dependency on a SNAPSHOT
version?

I think that this is a setting for 'central', that it disables SNAPSHOT versions (understandable from the Maven prospective). It's just that Maven won't download a SNAPSHOT version from 'central'. Reactor builds with SNAPSHOT should still work.

Briefly thought of overriding this in either the local or global settings, but then realized that I don't know enough about Maven to get it right in the first 10 tries ;). That is why I was hoping that there is still a Maven guru lurking here.