From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bode...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:01 AM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Subject: Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml

On 2010-03-15, Bill Barker <billwbar...@verizon.net> wrote:

From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bode...@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 10:20 PM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>

On 2010-03-13, Bill Barker <billwbar...@verizon.net> wrote:

Yeah, downloaded the src distro for maven 2.2.1, and it is that it is
that the 'central' repo is disabled for SNAPSHOTs (and it is looking
for a SNAPSHOT POM).  So Maven never asks to get it (even though it is
there).

Do I understand this correctly that with Maven 2.2 Gump will not be able
to inject its own jars if the POM specifies a dependency on a SNAPSHOT
version?

I think that this is a setting for 'central', that it disables
SNAPSHOT versions (understandable from the Maven prospective).  It's
just that Maven won't download a SNAPSHOT version from 'central'.
Reactor builds with SNAPSHOT should still work.

I see.  SNAPSHOTs then will likely be pulled from different repositories
and we'd need to make the Maven proxy intercept those as well.

Or, like for hudson, they just won't be found. I was thinking of adding a localRepository="name" to the <mvn /> builder that allows projects to share a local repo when they can't be trusted to use the central repo. These would be cleaned when Gump finishes (or maybe on startup).

Then the projects could use a goal of 'install', and it looks like Maven will accept it for another project that wants to depend on that SNAPSHOT version.

Briefly thought of overriding this in either the local or global
settings, but then realized that I don't know enough about Maven to
get it right in the first 10 tries ;).  That is why I was hoping that
there is still a Maven guru lurking here.

Same here.