On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My proposal is to create a new branch off the hadoop 0.20 branch and name
> it branch-0.20-hbase. It will have support for append/sync and will be API
> compatible with the hadoop 0.20 branch. However, this branch will be marked
> "experimental" and API compatibility is subject to change. This branch will
> contain all of hdfs/mapreduce/core.
>
> If the community likes this idea...

I like this idea.  It can be a little tough keeping up with latest
state of the 0.20 "append" patch set.  Having the set all applied in
the one well-known place will make collaboration and discussion of the
current state of 0.20 "append" the easier.

Would hbase be the only party interested in such a branch?  (Scribe?)

St.Ack