On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Arun C Murthy <a...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2012, at 10:46 PM, Eli Collins wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
>> <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>>> Arun, great work below. Concrete, and an actual proposal of PMC lists.
>>>
>>> What do folks think?
>>
>> I don't see how it helps. This substantially *increases* the size of
>> the PMC for HDFS, I don't even recognize a bunch of names on this
>> list. Unless we're actually going to try to make the HDFS project
>> represent the people who actually contribute and run the project we're
>> just replicating the current situation across 3 projects.  5+ hdfs
>> patches in the last year seems like a pretty low bar to me.
>

> Fine. Could you please provide us with an alternate for consideration?

Todd's list seems more in line with the goal of reducing project
members to reflect the actual community.

I see Chris' point about the community issues, however I also see
Todd's point that splitting the projects does not address these issues
while bringing real overhead and rolling back things we've done
recently to un-split the projects (per the vote thread I'm in favor of
combining the committer lists even if we later split projects). In
short, I'm open to a project split and willing to discuss, I don't yet
see sufficient benefits to provide a concrete proposal myself.

Thanks,
Eli