The 'core server and interfaces' is what I am interested in.  There are several
open source projects which provide frameworks on which Geronimo could be built,
for example Avalon.  A (incomplete) list of such projects is on the Avalon wiki
site at:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonRelatedProjects

Have any plans already been made?

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>

ps- sorry if this post shows up twice, I accidently sent it from the wrong
account at first.