On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 05:55 pm, Tim Urberg wrote:

A J2EE container is a little different from an Avalon container. Avalon
is a generic service/component framework. The core Geronimo container
is an optimised J2EE container developed from a great deal of
experience and use of JBoss, OpenEJB & mx4j. Its particularly geared
towards EJB & MDBs.

I have a question about this. What parts of JBoss, OpenEJB, and MX4J did you
use? I curious about this because I'm an OpenEJB committer.

Speaking on behalf of all the contributors to the initial code base for the container - pretty much all of tthem. (Note we're reusing mx4j as-is right now in the code).

Today the codebase has a bit of a JBoss-experience-bias I guess; so we're eager to get as much feedback from OpenEJB & Jonas folks on the current code.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/