On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 06:36 pm, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

It has been even questioned the need to publish javadocs that can be
done locally by users.  More I think of it, more I agree, as doing it
for all Apache projects is an awful lot of duplication and disk space.

If I am working with a package, e.g., Avalon, I might not have the javadocs
or sources local. I often find references in the javadocs via Google, which
can be quite helpful. Before any decision to not publish javadocs were to
be taken, I'd sooner see those published directly.

Agreed - I like publishing of javadocs & junit reports & clover test coverage analysis etc.

The only disagreement is - should all this dynamically generated stuff go into CVS or not. It seems silly to put it into CVS - since its trivial to regenerate the site at any point using Maven. Its worse than saying lets check every version of a jar into CVS.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/