Sascha-Matthias Kulawik wrote, On 28/08/2003 11.13:
Hello,

we've developed a XML-based Content Management System based on different
technologies like Cocoon, EJB, JBoss and a WebStart Client Application.
It is in our interest, that we contribute this project with about
200.000 Lines of Code to the Apache Foundation.

Sascha-Matthias, thanks for your interest in contributing to the Apache Software Foundation.

One initial issue is JBoss, as it's LGPL. Apache projects can use only Apache-compatible licenced libraries, and (L)GPL is not one of them. Apache now is making Apache Geronimo now though, so that could be taken care of in the future.

I've also seen the fax
from the Incubator Project, that contains the Agreement how we can
contribute. I'm just interested, how we can do that.

First of all you should seek a sponsoring Apache member and possibly a sponsoring PMC.

But even before, I suggest you to read the following pages:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/newproject.html
http://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/theapacheway.html

It is still
important for us, that we can commit to the CVS and are getting the
leadership of this project - is this the normal way how code will be
conributed? Is there any code-review before we can contribute the code?

If you donate the code to Apache, you will not have leadership in the project. The project will work based on the Apache guidelines, and decisions are taken by voting as described here: http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html

Thanks a lot for all the other Apache Projects and this will be a big
thank you back for the community.

Regards,

Sascha-Matthias Kulawik
JuwiMacMillan Group GmbH

P.S.: The Name of the Product is "ConQuest", it's current Home Page is
http://conquest.juwimm.net and it is already in use at some customers of
us.

-- Nicola Ken Barozzi [EMAIL PROTECTED] - verba volant, scripta manent - (discussions get forgotten, just code remains) ---------------------------------------------------------------------